Origin of the name
The exact origin of the name Poppeltal cannot be finally be told. Presumably the name Poppeltal comes from some spooky figures like the hobgoblins, goblins or gremlins. Therefore it means ‚scary valley‘, but nowadays one would say wild and romantic.
- Tourist attractions: Giant Slide, Poppel-Windmill
- Bus stop: Poppeltal Eschentalweg - bus no. 7780 Bad Wildbad / Freudenstadt
- Parking area: big parking place at the entrance to the village
- Parking area for bus: near the Giant Slide and Poppel-Windmill
- Navigation: 75337 Enzklösterle (Poppeltal), Eschentalweg